Thursday, May 14, 2009

Workboxes have arrived!!!

So I've been following the busy blog about the workboxing system and I wondered if the system would be a fit for me. I LOVE the idea but struggle so much with organization and planning. I have found since starting to homeschool in November that I am not successful as a fly by my seat kind of gal. We tend to drift through the day and not get much done. (I think my husband would politily agree on this, sorry dear!!) So last night we made a late night trip to Target and bought two shelving/bin units. I spent about 20 minutes "stuffing" boxes. I ended up getting 9 done for my 5 1/2 year old and 6 done for my 3 1/2 year old. I was so excited to start today I literally could not sleep!! So today we begin what I hope to be a very successful journey of planning, organizing, and learning! I will post pictures a little later as well as what I put in the boxes for our first day. Oh one more thing, when my oldest dear boy woke up and saw the new system set up he said, "mommy I see science, thank you so much, I love science." I think we are off to a good start!!

No comments: