Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time Flies!

I can't believe I haven't posted since November!!! Time flies. I have since had my third boy!! Colton Nathaniel was born March 16th, weighing in at 8lbs 6oz and 21 inches long. He is amazing and I was quickly reminded at how precious life is. His delivery was not without complication, nor was my recovery. My water broke to soon and the baby had not yet "dropped" causing a tear in the placenta. I ended up bleeding a lot and the babies heart rate continued to drop. Everything was pointing towards a C-Section and yet by God's Grace our son was born healthy and a regular delivery! My recovery presented many challenges beyond a normal post-partum recovery should be. Two weeks after delivery I was still in a significant amount of pain and found myself needing a DNC procedure. The doctor said part of the placenta had not been dispelled at delivery had had caused in infection as well as made me toxic!! A week after the DNC I was in so much pain I could not walk. After a visit with the doctors I went in for an emergency DNC with a scope this time. The doctor found that the placenta had caused a problem on part of the uterus that required him to scrape that area. So that has been my life for the last few months recovering from delivery and surgeries and trying my best to sleep and care for my family at the same time. Oh did I mention I finally committed once and for all to homeschooling my three kids?? God has really placed this on my heart and as scared as I am of the journey ahead I know he will see me through this.

No comments: